- Today, RobFrankel/Frankel&Anderson, Inc.
Aside from being the author of The Revenge of Brand X: How to Build a Big Time
Brand on the Web or Anywhere Else, Rob has contributed to
and is a source to:
- The Los Angeles Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
- NBC Nightly News
- The New York Times
- National Public Radio
- The Washington Times
- Business Week
- FOX Television
- Associated Press
- British Broadcasting Corp (BBC)
If you like these articles, visit the
blog and our store,
which features instantly downloadable e-books packed with business-building,
reveue-generating brand strategies, tactics and tips. Please inquire
about our reprint policy.
- Branding in the Fourth Dimension:
Who you are is just the beginning
- Going Psycho Over Demos: On the web, it's the only way to stay sane.
- Rob's Party Check List: The
biggest mistakes you can make before you launch.
- Taking the Hit with a Full Bucket: After
the September 11 attack, it's the only thing to do.
- There Will Always be Christmas: It's the only way to do business during
- The Myth of Pay to Play:
Free can be profitable, if your brand is strong enough.
- 20/20 Foresight:
Don't say I didn't warn you -- only the strongly branded survive a down
- Copyright Shmopyright: Who cares if it's protected, anyway?
- Five Things to Make You Profitable: If you want to succeed, you gotta read it.
- Frankel's Laws of Branding: We're always adding more.
- The Death of Lifetime Valuation
As We Knew It: It never really existed, you
- Why I Don't Charge for Proposals: You don't have to...and still get the business.
- Branding and the sincerest
form of flattery: If your idea is good, it's
bound to be stolen.
- Branded Communities: Return
rates of 10% to 25%? You betcha!
- The Most Powerful Technology is
Phil: Down to his pinky ring, the best tech for
- The Cheapest Insurance You
Can Buy: You sure one URL domain is enough?
- Stacking Them Up Over Newark: It's deal flow that determines your new
biz success rate.
- Affiliate Chicken Soup:
It's a great idea...but ideas alone don't pay the rent.
- Unlock the Money: Lease
the names on your list -- ethically and profitably.
- The Memory Shortage: This
too shall pass -- no matter how bad it gets.
- The Truth About Non-Disclosure
Agreements: What's the big deal, anyway?
- The Death of CPM's:
Don't buy what they sell you; buy what works
- The Napster Thing:
Grow up already, will ya?
Disney had it coming
- Trick January:
It's a problem every year.
- Frankel's Three P's: Gotta
have all three before investors will put their money down.
- Fat Cats and Long Sales Cycles:
Will anything get them to return your calls?
- Whose Mind Needs Changing?:
Sometimes it's the client's...maybe it's
- Saying Something, Meaning Nothing: Everyone tries to be clever -- how about
- The Cure for the Common Cold
Call: Aha! The EASY way to do it -- that works!
- Kiss My Ads: Advertising,
as a primary revenue source, is history.
- Saying Goodbye With A Kiss:
The smart way to say goodbye to bad business.
- Doing That Voodoo That You Do
So Well: Why you should start branding right
- The Truth & Fiction About Y2K: As long as there are lawyers, you have little
- Building Brands In Cyberspace: Phone Plus Magazine's exploration into Frankel's
- Build it, Don't Buy It:
You can't buy your way into popularity and make it work.
- What Can We Learn From AOL/Netscape?: Even big boys aren't so smart.
- How a Recession Will Affect
The Web: It depends on what you read in the
- Thanks For The Acorn: A
little validation can take your dreams a long way.
- Why I Hate Trade Magazines:
Even the publisher's mother won't read them
- Giving Without Giving It All
Away: 'Tis better to give, if you want to
receive more business.
- Get your programs here! The best way to build your business is to
build everyone else's, too.
- The Truth About Ad Agencies:
Where once were leaders, now are sheep.
- You May Own A Stradivarius --
But Can You Play It?: Doing it yourself works -- for suicide.
- The Most Common Mistakes of Direct
Marketing: Highly targeted -- at your wallet.
- Inventor's Disease: No Cure,
But There Is Hope. The leading cause for entrepreneurial death!
- The Myth of Advertising Awards:
An award is only as good as the judges bestowing it.
- Our Top Ten Ways of Saving Your
Butt: Internationally acclaimed and published!
- The Junkyard Dog: You know
this guy. We all know this guy.
- The Weird Science of Xenologics:
Forget thinking outside the box. Think outside the cube.
- Killer Websites (Featured
in Marketing Tools magazine)
- The Answer is Right Where You
Wont Find It: It's weird. But it works.
- Nine Ways to Screw Up Banner
Advertising: What-- you thought you can't mess up on the web?
- Web Traffic and Genital Size:
It's not how big it is that counts.
- Why You Should -- and Shouldn't
-- Advertise on the Web: A brief thump of reality.
- Taking the Freak Out of Frequency:
So much for porting old ideas into new media.
- One Chance is All You Get:
Make that home page a home run -- the first time up.
- Numbers You Can't Count On:
What's the deal with these site counters, anyway?
- Domain Names For Sale: How
ethical is it to sell a name -- is anyone even buying?
- How Do You Know? The real
poop on getting the truth from your survey respondents.
- Double Click or Double Talk?
Please -- don't ever let this kind of press release happen to you.
- Fulfilling Your Dreams: Don't
make them call -- make them click! It's easy!
- Have A Cookie: They're not
nearly as unhealthy as the conspiracists would have you believe.
- Fun With Numbers: Be careful
with those combination media buys.
- Bragging Rights: The line between
confidence and obnoxiousness is very thin, indeed.
- The Color of Money: Play your
cards right and it could be worth $40 million.
- The Star of the Show: If you
can't sell your product, a celebrity won't, either.
- Writing for the Web: Looks
count, but people judge you by your words.
- What DOESN'T work: Just
because the gimmicks are there doesn't mean you use them.
- The Guy Who Pushes Back: How
Joe will beat Push technology.
- A Site From Our Sponsor:
Banners are out; sponsorships in for low volume sites.
- Signing Them Up: Sponsors
are available for websites...are you?
- Domain Snobs: Don't let that
"aol.com" thing fool you...
- Great Expectations: What
your technology should -- and shouldn't -- promise.
- The Field is Still Level: Hey,
the web ain't going anywhere...but up.
- To Catch A Thief: Don't let
anyone plagiarize your web site!
- Kill Your Fax Machine: It's
a viable technology, but the only humane thing to do.
- The Consultant's Defense Kit:
So they think they can stiff you, eh?
- Why Ads Are So Stupid: Bigger
ad agencies just make bigger mistakes. You shouldn't.
- Trapping Hamsters on the Internet:
Bet you're changing your home page too often.
- Multiple Personalities on the Internet:
A site by any other name could cost you business.
- Hunting For Bucks on the Internet:
The money's there, it's just not where you'd expect.
- The Cutting Edge is for Schmucks:Accessibility
is where it's at. Lose all that other stuff.
- Funding Your Internet Business:
How to and how NOT to.
- How Not to Advertise on the
Net: Why you should dump your banners.
- In Praise of Image Maps:
Maybe Cindy Crawford is worth a second look....
- The Great Internet Publicist
Experiment, Part 1: One side of the "do you need one"
- The Great Internet Publicist
Experiment: Part 2: The incredible Judy proves out.
- Intermarriage Doesn't Work: Why Ad Agencies & Internet Shops Shouldn't Marry
- The Idle Rich Go Broke on the
Web: Want proof on how the big boys make stupid mistakes?
- Branding, Down to the Buttons:
Everything has to be branded, right down to the coffee cups.
- Frankel's Physical Laws of the
Web: Hey, this isn't my opinion -- it's scientific fact.
- Why I started the FrankelBiz
Transaction List: You're invited to be a part of history.
- Instant Messaging for Profit:
Sneaky tricks and tips for those free applications.
- Why chats don't work and why I
started one: A great way to give something back.
- How About A Quickie?:
Sometimes, it's the most gratifying, you know...
- How to Hire An Agency -- or Anyone
Else: What you need they don't teach in school.
- When to grow, when to go:
You've got to make the leap to make the change.
Used by universities and agencies world wide.
Clear, rational and compelling expert witness testimony.
Various TV and video
on various topics
Before & After
logos and other executions
of Rob's brands.
Consultation over the phone, instant message, e-mail
Anyone can drop in
More timely commentary
and useful insights,
Need to contact Rob?
Use this form or Skype me.
and useful items.
The proven, secure viral tool that builds
a strong user base around your brand.
Build an active, revenue generating community
of brand loyal users on a turnkey basis.
A full day seminar at
a fraction of the
Now available as
Download the self-help
E-Book series now!